What is entertainment law?
Entertainment law includes the development, production, distribution and protection of entertainment content, including film, television, Internet, music, video, audio, graphic and print content, as well as live performances. Entertainment attorneys protect the rights and interests of those who develop, finance, produce and distribute such content through transactions, litigation and negotiations.
The Law Offices of Michael D. Steger, PC provides comprehensive legal services for the entertainment industry, including organizations and individuals developing and distributing television, film, video, music and Internet content. We have worked with television and film production companies, radio networks, film and television producers and writers, musicians, on-air and onscreen talent, and licensees of entertainment content, as well as investors in entertainment projects.
- Negotiating and drafting development, financing, production and distribution deals for television, film and other video projects.
- Negotiating and drafting format, film, video, photography and music licenses and talent agreements.
- Negotiating and drafting music agreements, including license, composer, management, spec and library agreements.
- Advising television, film and video producers on all aspects of production.
- Negotiating and drafting talent and employment agreements.
Mr. Steger has practiced entertainment law since the mid-1990’s, both as a lawyer in private practice in the New York, Los Angeles and Washington, DC areas and as in-house counsel for various FOX entities. His work includes transactional and litigation matters for film, television, interactive video and music projects, and he has worked on projects such as FOX’s “America’s Most Wanted”, “Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell”, “The Operatives”, “The Real Housewives‚” and “Backyard Animal Habitat‚” televisions series, and as well as numerous independent film projects. If you would like assistance with an entertainment matter, please contact us for more information.