Why Trademark Your Name or Logo?
Federal trademark registration provides the only comprehensive nationwide protection for your mark. Businesses and individuals who are using a mark in commerce in the United States are eligible to register the mark with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, providing national protection for 10 years from the date of filing the application. Federal registration entitles you to damages and attorney’s fees from those who infringe your mark. This protection is often essential for those who are using or are planning to use their mark throughout the United States, a geographic region or over the Internet.
The Law Offices of Michael D. Steger, PC provides comprehensive and cost-effective legal services for business owners and individuals seeking to trademark their brands. These services include:
- Comprehensive Branding: We work with you to obtain trademark registrations, Internet domain names, state and local business and trade names, and other registrations to protect your business identity.
- Trademark Search: In addition to our own research, we work with a leading national intellectual property clearinghouse to make sure that your mark is available and that it will not infringe on other marks.
- Trademark Application: We will prepare your federal trademark or servicemark application and file it. We will also respond to trademark office objections and guide your application through the process.
- Trademark Protection: We will take the necessary steps to protect the integrity your marks and brand name, including cease-and-desist letters, prosecution and cancellation litigation, and trademark infringement litigation.
- Getting Value for Your Trademark: To help you get the maximum value from your intellectual property, we negotiate and document trademark transfer, license, permission and sale agreements.
The firm’s founder, Michael Steger has experience in all of these areas, both as an attorney in private practice and as the lawyer for Fox’s “America’s Most Wanted”. He regularly counsels clients on trademark matters. Please contact us today to discuss your trademark needs.